Healthy Morning Muffin Recipe:
2 cups gluten-free oats
½ cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
2 organic eggs plus 1 egg white
¼ cup goat’s milk yogurt
½ cup organic apple juice
4 tablespoons coconut oil
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
¼ cup honey
2 large green organic apples
2 ripe bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a food processor, grind the oats until they reach a flour like texture.
3. Mix the ground oats, walnuts, chia seeds, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
4. Lightly beat the whole eggs and egg white in a separate bowl. Add the yogurt and apple juice, then stir to combine.
5. Put the coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla bean powder and honey in a small saucepan. Place over very low heat and stir until it reaches a syrup-like consistency.
6. Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and stir, then add the coconut oil mixture.
7. Chop the apple and mash the bananas, add to the mixing bowl and stir gently.
8. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or lightly grease a muffin tin and fill each one ¾ full.
9. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
10. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
Nik: Made these this weekend. They definitely taste healthy, but I kind of love them. Next time, I’m going to substitute apples with blueberries.